Happy Women's Golf Day! Each year women around the world take to the greens to celebrate, honor and empower women through golf on this day. Here are a few interesting facts about women in golf:
- Mary, Queen of Scots is thought to be the first female golfer.
- The first official women's golf club, the St. Andrews Ladies Putting Club, was established in 1867.
- Gloria Minoprino was the first woman to wear trousers at a ladies' championship (in 1933).
- The golf handicap system was invented by Issette Miller in 1893.
- The first woman to win the Invitational Pro-Am at Pebble Beach was Juli Inkster in 1990.
- According to the National Golf Foundation approximately 5.8 million women play golf (19% of all golfers are women).
We are celebrating all women golfers today by offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders when you enter WGD19 at checkout.